28th March 2016
At PetrolPrices.com we recognise the importance of your privacy. This policy outlines the information we collect, how we use it and how we safeguard your information.
When you access PetrolPrices.com
- When you access PetrolPrices.com, your computer automatically sends us information such as the URL on our site you have visited, your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- If you perform a search on PetrolPrices.com, your searches are logged and may be used internally, so as to better personalise our service to you.
When you Subscribe to PetrolPrices.com
- Throughout PetrolPrices.com ownership of this site, your personal details will never be passed onto any third parties and will never be added to any third party mailing lists or databases.
- PetrolPrices.com collects personal information when you register on the site. Your information will be stored confidentially by us and only used by PetrolPrices.com Ltd and Fubra Ltd in order to provide you with access to our products, services and information that we believe will interest you.
- Fubra Limited may also use information about our users in statistical aggregate form. This is non personal information but simply refers to information such as number of registrations, traffic patterns and site user trends.
- If you register for our email alert service, your preferences including location and type of fuel you are interested in are logged in order to update you with the most relevant information.
When you Contact Us
- If you contact us via email, your details and a history of the communication will be stored by us in order for us to deal with enquiries adequately and improve our customer support services.
- PetrolPrices.com operates a central login system. This system is a database of the users who can access our sites and also contains a set of preferences for each subscriber.
- When you sign up a PetrolPrices.com account is opened for you and you can use this to access the content on any of our sites.
- As we are usually providing expensive data sets to consumers free of charge, our aim has been to establish a database of subscribers who we communicate with when we add new features to our current web sites or when we launch a new web site that we think our subscribers may be interested in.
- The data we hold in a PetrolPrices.com account is only for use by PetrolPrices.com and Fubra Ltd, and is not available for sale to any third parties and will only ever be used by us with your consent.
- If you would prefer not to receive alerts about fuel prices and other data that we email to our subscribers free of charge on a regular basis then you can manage your alerts with us on the My Alerts page.
- If you remove all your alerts then we will no longer send you any automatic update emails. However, you will still remain a subscriber to our sites and will therefore still have access to our sites when you choose to search for information.
- As a subscriber of PetrolPrices.com, Fubra Ltd will occasionally email you with news and information about our company, our new web site features and new web sites we develop. If you do not wish to receive any emails from Fubra Ltd, you must then cancel your subscription to our system which you can do by logging in to the Account page.
- Please note once you have done this you will no longer be able to log in to any of our sites without re-subscribing.
- You can use the PetrolPrices.com Account page to easily join or leave our sites.
Links and Affiliated sites
- PetrolPrices.com contains hypertext links to other sites, advertisers and other third parties. By clicking on any of these links, you are leaving the PetrolPrices.com website. PetrolPrices.com has no control over the information collected by any third party after you have left the www.petrolprices.com website. PetrolPrices.com encourages you to read their privacy policies.
Protecting your Information
- We use a secure server cluster situated in a secure data centre to protect all the information you provide us with. We have invested heavily in equipment and highly qualified staff to ensure all information you enter is protected from access by any third party and only necessary and restricted access is available internally. We also protect all our connections to the Internet using various security measures including firewalls and regular security audits on all our servers.
- As required by law we are registered on the public register of data controllers and store and process all data in accordance with all UK legislation. We are registered with the following number: Z5193400
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information you provide to us which personally identifies you including your name, address and e-mail address.
Non Personal Information
Non personal information is collected and recorded about users when they use the site. This information is collected into groups so that it no longer reflects or represents any individual user and is used purely for statistical purposes.
What is a Cookie?
Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to load your personal settings and preferences information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies by default, but contain an option for you to turn off the cookie acceptance if you prefer. If you turn off your cookie acceptance, you may not be able to sign on to PetrolPrices.com or access our services.
Additional system information we may gather includes time, type of web browser being used, the operating system/platform, your IP address, the web site from which you link to PetrolPrices.com, and CPU speed. We also take note of whether and how you use the information and services that we provide by recording site traffic patterns, user click streams and by maintaining log files of users’ access to site files.
What is an IP address?
- Each Internet connection is identified by a unique address which is referred to as an IP address (Internet Protocol address).
- An IP address is made up of four numbers, separated by dots, for example: 220.127.116.11. This address allows any web site visitor to be identified with the co-operation of the ISP in question. In practice an Internet service provider would not give out this information because they would be in breach of the Data Protection Act. But you should be aware that it is technically possible to connect an IP with a user with the help of a court order and the ISP in question.
- Some internet service providers also publish the name of the company or individual who uses the connection which allows anyone to see who is using that IP from central registries held by R.I.P.E. and other Regional Internet Registries you can check if your IP address is listed using the whois service provided by all RIR’s.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you may contact us.