LAST UPDATED: 14th FEBRUARY 2023
- PetrolPrices mobile application software (App) available on our site (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
1. Important information and who we are
Automate App Limited is the controller, trading under the brand name PetrolPrices, and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy).
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Automate App Limited, trading under the brand name “PetrolPrices”
- Name or title of data privacy contact: Andrew Watson
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: C/O James Cowper Kreston, 8th Floor South, Reading Bridge House, George Street, Reading, RG1 8LS
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Automate App Limited’s registered ICO number: ZA788908
Our policy may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email or by push notification if enabled. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the App or the Services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
Third party links
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as Contact Information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title and date of birth.
- Contact Data includes billing address, company address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes your bank details or other payment details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this App Site.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, behaviour, feedback, reviews, support tickets and logs, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information (including Identity, Contact, Financial, and Marketing and Communications Data) you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of Our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we receive from other sources including third parties and publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- 1. Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- 2. Advertising networks; and
- 3. Search information providers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as:
- 1. Stripe;
- 2. EmailJedi and;
- 3. Emailhippo;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as:
- Location Data from location analytics companies based outside of the EU.
- Unique application numbers. When you want to install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Read further down the policy to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
We will only send you direct marketing communications by email or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by updating your preferences here: https://app.petrolprices.com/email-subscriptions
Categories of offers you may recieve from us, if you opted in for third party marketing:
• Free samples and product trials
• Automotive services
• Vehicle finance
• Legal services
• Online and offline services
• Home, garden and kitchenware products
• Home improvement and DIY products
• Finance, including all forms of insurance, travel money, debt help, equity release, investment opportunities and money management
• Gaming including casino, bingo, lottery, slots, games and sports betting
• Mobile phone contracts and PAYG deals, SIM cards, phone repairs
• Cash back offers
• Food and drink, including alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and hot drinks.
• Sales and deals from online retailers
• Competitions, sweepstakes and raffles
• Paid surveys
• Health products and services
• Beauty products and cosmetics
• Utilities and energy
• Fuel retailers and wholesalers
Third parties include, but are not limited to, Everest 2020 Limited, Life Insurance, GoGroopie, Quotezone and motorway
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party.
We will never share your personal data for third party marketing purposes, only for the purpose of PetrolPrices providing the service that we bring to users.
If you have been inactive as a user for more than two years, we will automatically delete all personal data we hold about you.
|Purpose/Activity||Types of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To install the App and register you as a new App user||a) Identity; b) Contact; c) Technical||a) Your consent|
|To process in-App purchases and deliver Services including managing payments and collecting money owed to us||a) Identity; b) Contact; c) Financial; d) Transaction; e)Marketing & Communications; f) Location||a) Your consent; b) Performance of a contract with you; c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)|
|To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the App or any Services||a) Identity; b) Contact; c) Financial; d) Profile; e) Marketing & Communications||a) Your consent; b) Performance of a contract with you; c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep record updated to analyse how customers use our Products/Services); d) Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our Terms & Conditions)|
|To enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||a) Identity; b) Contact; c) Profile; d) Marketing & Communications||a) Your consent; b) Performance of a contract with you; c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to analyse how customers use our Products/Services and to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and this App including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing||a) Identity; b) Contact; c) Technical||a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security)|
|To deliver content and advertisements to you; To make recommendations to you about goods or services which may interest you; To measure and analyse the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you; To monitor trends so we can improve the App||a) Identity; b) Contact; c) Profile; d) Usage; e) Marketing & Communications; f) Location||a) Your consent; b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/Services and grow our business)|
5. Disclosures of your personal data
When you consent to providing us with your personal data, we will also ask you for your consent to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table:
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- Specific third parties such as:
6. International transfers
Many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
7. Data security
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using RSA 256 encryption. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML5).
Certain Services include social networking or review features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users. If you submit a review through the application, your name, image, rating and written review will be made public.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
In the event that you do not use the App for a period of 12 months, then your account will be treated as a ‘cold account’ and we will no longer email or text you, or send you push notifications from the App however we will continue to store your personal data within your profile.
If you do not use your account for a further 12 months (24 months in total, then we will treat the account as expired and your personal data may be deleted. We will only retain such personal data as required in order to maintain company compliance for tax purposes as set out above. Following this your personal data shall be permanently deleted.
9. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
You also have the right to ask us not to continue to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at:
Automate App Limited
C/O James Cowper Kreston, 8th Floor South, Reading Bridge House, George Street, Reading, RG1 8LS
Consent means processing your personal data where you have signified your agreement by a statement or clear opt-in to processing for a specific purpose. Consent will only be valid if it is a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of what you want. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
- Third parties
- External third parties
Service providers acting as processors based in the United Kingdom, Norway, United States and Holland who provide IT and system administration services.
Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the UK who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.